Surf Survival Course Voucher
1 DAY - 9 AM to 5 PM
Your future Performances:
Increased water confidence
Improved mindset and physical skills to deal with highly challenging situations
Maximised breath-hold time underwater
Relaxation during hold-downs
Faster recovery after hold-downs
To book your session just call Hanno on 077254 08980
This practical course teaches beginner to advanced individuals how to maximize your breath hold and uses advanced breathhold-techniques specifically adapted to the high-stress, fast-paced and heavy-impact environment of surfing waves of consequence. In this course you will learn how to physically and mentally prepare yourself to handle (and not fight) stressful surf situations and how to remain calm in challenging oxygen-deprived wave hold-downs and chaotic surf environments. We also look at efficient underwater movement and best breathing techniques upon surfacing to avoid blackout. Also covered in this course are major safety skills such as rescue response techniques.
This program is designed to raise your confidence in the water and to increase your breath hold while developing safety skills.
Will I benefit from this course?
This course is for anyone who wants to hold their breath for longer and remain calm when the sets get bigger and you find yourself caught inside with nowhere to go. We will help you to overcome your fear of being held under water, increase your competence and awareness so you can be more confident in yourself and become a more skilled water person. Even non-surfers can greatly benefit from this course by using the specific breathing and training techniques and mental focus to remain calm.
The Surf Survival Course includes 3 Sections:
Land based theory and training
• Correct breathing to access and use the deeper parts of your lungs
• How to get the most oxygen from a single breath
• Become aware of the sensations you experience during breath holds and how to use them for your advantage to remain calm.
• Understand how your body adapts to holding your breath and being under water and how to use this to your advantage.
• Training exercises to increase your lung capacity and how to make one breath last longer.
• Exercises to adapt your body and mind to high CO2 levels.
• Specific surf-related exercises designed to improve your physical and mental capacity in realistic high-oxygen consuming, high CO2 producing water scenarios.
• Understand oxygen usage of major muscle groups so you can use this to your advantage.
Realistic Water Training Course
• Key survival requirements and exercises that allow you to stay underwater longer.
• The most efficient technique to swim to the surface after being held down by a wave
• The best breathing technique after surfacing to avoid blackout and to recover faster
• How to conserve oxygen and move efficiently underwater.
• How to avoid tension in key muscle groups so you can stay underwater longer
• The art of using ‘one’ breath and how to deal with multiple wave hold downs
• How to apply everything you have learnt in the previous stages to realistic water training
• Learn how to handle hold-downs without air in your lungs.
• How to move, hold and breathe in high heart-rate situations.
• Techniques you can use to recover faster after resurfacing.
• How to deal with a black out scenario in the water.
• Single person rescue techniques.
• Safe underwater training.
• How your body responds to high CO2, low O2 and awareness to these changes in your body.
• Understanding correct breathing and knowing how wrong breathing and behaviour can lead to blackout.
Understanding signals of low oxygen and how to prevent blackouts.